Terms and conditions
These Terms of Sale (“Terms”) set out the terms and conditions on which we supply our products to you. They tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or cancel your order, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your order to us. By placing an order to purchase our products from this website, you agree to comply with these Terms.
Sometimes, we might change these Terms, so please check them each time you order something. If you have already placed an order then the Terms that were in place at the time you placed the order will continue to apply. We recommend that you download these Terms and print a copy for your records.
These Terms were last updated on November 22nd, 2016.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.medela.co.uk is operated by Medela UK Limited (“Medela”, “we”, “our” or “us”) a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 04800758. Our registered office is at Huntsman Drive, Northbank Industrial Park, Irlam. Manchester, M44 5EG. Our VAT registration number is 830 1308 76.
You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at (+44) 0161 7760400 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you using the telephone number or email or postal address you provide to us in your order.
2. OUR PRODUCTS
The products on this website are for purchase by individuals for domestic and private use. We might reject an order if it appears to us to be placed for business purposes and if you do purchase any of the products on our website on behalf of a business or for commercial purposes, you will be in breach of these Terms.
Please contact us at (+44) 0161 7760400 for information if you are a business customer.
2.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
The products on this website are for purchase by customers resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man only.
3. ORDERING FROM US
3.1 How to place an order: Our website will guide you through the process you need to follow to place an order. You can place an order in two ways – either as a registered user (by signing in to your account with us, having registered previously on our website) or as a guest (with no log-in to an existing account). Your order will be placed when you click on the “Place Order” button at the end of the checkout process. By confirming your order you are agreeing to purchase the product(s) you have selected.
3.2 When the contract is formed: Once you have confirmed your order, we will send you an email acknowledgement; we will then verify your payment method and will send you an order acceptance. At this point a contract will be in existence between you and us.
Your order acceptance will include your order number. If you need to contact us about your order, please use this order number because it will help us track your order.
3.3 When we may refuse an order: We may reject your order if:
- your chosen product is not in stock;
- we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
- there has been a pricing or product description error;
- it appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another;
- the order appears to be for commercial use;
- we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified; or
- you request delivery to an address outside of the United Kingdom.
If we cannot accept your order, we will contact you via email to let you know and will not charge you for your order.
4. PRICING AND PAYMENT
4.1 Pricing and availability: The price for your products will be indicated on the order page. All prices are quoted in pounds sterling and include VAT at the prevailing rate. We try to ensure that all the prices shown on the website are accurate, however sometimes errors do occur. Where a product’s correct price is lower than that paid, we will refund the difference to you, and despatch your order in the usual way. If the correct price is higher, we may contact you for further instructions before we accept your order.
If a product you have ordered is not in stock, you will receive an email notifying you that the product is not in stock and when the product will be available. This will not affect your right to cancel your order as set out in paragraph 6.6(b) below.
4.2 How to pay: You can only pay for products via PayPal or using a valid debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards: VISA and MasterCard. You must pay for products before we dispatch them. We will not take payment or charge your credit card until your order has been accepted and is ready to be shipped. By providing details of a credit or debit card or using a PayPal account, you confirm that you are authorised to use that payment method and you authorise us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount of your order.
4.3 Delivery and packing charges: The prices shown on the website do not include postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately on our website at the checkout stage before you place your order.
5. SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
5.1 During the order process we will let you know when your products will be delivered.
5.2 When your order is ready to be shipped, we will take payment using the payment method or card information provided by you during the checkout process. Once your order has been shipped, we will send you a shipping confirmation email to let you know that your order is on its way.
5.3 We will only deliver to addresses in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Deliveries to addresses in Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man will be subject to an additional delivery fee, highlighted at the checkout stage.
5.4 During the ordering process, you will have the ability to request delivery to a nominated address (subject to 5.3 above) or choose the “click and collect” option, where you can select to collect your order from one of the collection points listed on the website. If you choose the “click and collect” option, we will notify you once your order has been delivered to your nominated collection point and will send you a reminder after 5 days if it hasn’t been collected. If, after a period of 10 days, your order has not been collected, it will be returned to us and we reserve the right to deal with your order in accordance with paragraph 5.6 below.
5.5 All deliveries must be signed for. If no one is available at your address to take delivery we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
5.6 If, after three failed attempts at delivering your order, you do not re-arrange delivery, we may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. You will need to contact us to re-arrange delivery of your order. If, after a reasonable period of time, we have not heard from you with a request to re-arrange delivery, or if we are unable to deliver for any other reason not caused by us, we will end the contract, the products will be returned to us and we will refund the cost of your order. We may charge you for delivery costs or other costs we might have incurred in transporting or storing the products.
5.7 Once the products have been delivered (or collected by you), you will own them and be responsible for them.
5.8 Free standard shipping is only valid if the order total after any discounts are applied is above £50. If the order total drops below the £50 threshold after a discount code is applied, shipping costs are payable.
6. CANCELLING AND RETURNING YOUR ORDER
6.1 Your right to cancel your order with us: We hope that you will be happy with the products you order. If you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, or simply change your mind, you may be able to cancel even after receipt of the products. Your rights to cancel your order will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to cancel.
6.2 Changing your mind before you have received your order: You can change your mind and decide to cancel your contract at any time before you have received your order. Please contact us using the details set out at paragraph 6.9 below, and provided that your products have not been dispatched, we will cancel your order and we will not charge you for the products. You will receive an email from us to confirm your cancellation.
6.3 Changing your mind after you have received your order: If you change your mind and decide to cancel but we have already dispatched your products to you, or if you have already received them (subject to the restrictions in paragraph 6.5 below), then you must notify us and return the products to us. To do so, you will need to log into your customer account and notify us of your intention to return your order. Alternatively, if you purchased products as a guest (without setting up an account), you can notify us that you wish to return the products by clicking on the link provided in the shipping confirmation email you received when your products were shipped. You can also contact us using the details set out at paragraph 6.9 below. After you have notified us that you have changed your mind, you will receive an email from us to confirm your cancellation. To return the products please follow the returns instructions set out at paragraph 6.10 below.
6.4 When can you change your mind: You have 14 days from the day after the day on which you receive your products to notify us that you want to cancel the order.
6.5 When you do not have the right to change your mind: You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of some products, particularly products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes which have been unsealed after you receive them, (sealed products include, for example, feeding bottles), or in respect of any products later than 14 days from the day after the day on which you receive your products.
6.6 Your right to cancel because of something we have done or are going to do: You have the right to cancel your order before you receive your products if:
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed; or
- we have notified you that there is a risk that our delivery of your order may be significantly delayed, or delivery of your order is in fact significantly delayed; or
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to.
To cancel your order, please notify us via your customer account, then contact us using the details set out at paragraph 6.9 below. Provided that your products have not been dispatched, we will not charge you for the products. You will receive an email from us to confirm your cancellation.
Find on the following link the warranty information.
6.7 You have the right to cancel your order if we deliver the products late (except where attempts at delivery failed, as set out in paragraph 5.5 above or where you failed to collect your order from the nominated collection point having been notified that it was ready for collection), or not in the correct quantity. To cancel your order, please log into your customer account then contact us using the details set out at paragraph 6.9 below and we will refund the cost of the product and any delivery charges. We may require any products which we have delivered to be returned to us, which we will arrange at your convenience.
6.8 If there is a problem with the product: It is our aim to ensure that all products supplied to you arrive in perfect condition. If your parcel shows signs of damage at the time of delivery then please do not accept delivery.
We are under a legal duty to supply products that conform with the contract. If a product is not as described, is not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality, you have the right to cancel your order and receive a refund or ask for a replacement. If you do wish to cancel the contract, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us using the details set out at paragraph 6.9 below and we will refund the cost of the product and any delivery charges.
During the expected lifespan of one of our products, your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 entitle you to the following:
- Within 30 days of purchase: if the product is faulty, then you can claim an immediate refund;
- Within 6 months of purchase: if the product cannot be fixed, repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund in most cases; and
- Within 6 years of purchase: if your product does not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights. For further information about your legal rights, please contact your local authority trading standards department or the Citizens Advice Bureau.
6.9 How to notify us of your intention to cancel: Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call our customer service team on (+44) 0161 7760400 or email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, order number, the reason why you are cancelling or returning your order and, where available, your phone number and email address; or
- Online. Complete the form in your customer account on our website and include details of the order and the reason code for why you are cancelling or returning your order.
Alternatively, if there is a problem with your product and you want to receive a replacement product rather than cancelling the contract, call our customer service team on (+44) 0161 7760400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you at no additional cost to you.
6.10 Returning products after cancellation: If you cancel for any reason after the products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us at the following address: Medela UK Limited, Huntsman Drive, Northbank Industrial Park, Irlam. Manchester, M44 5EG. You must post them back to us.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the products to us within 14 days of telling us you wish to cancel.
6.11 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
- if you are cancelling the contract because we delivered the products late (except where attempts at delivery failed, as set out in paragraph 5.5 above, or where you failed to collect your order from the nominated collection point having been notified that it was ready for collection), or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
6.12 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
6.13 Deductions from refunds. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your handling them, for instance if the packaging remains sealed but is materially damaged. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost, but you chose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
6.14 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- Your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
- In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us that you have changed your mind. Once the return has been processed, you will receive an email from us letting you know that the return process is complete and your debit or credit card or PayPal account has been credited.
If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer services team at (+44) 0161 7760400 or write to us at email@example.com.
8. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
8.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, or are negligent, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a reasonably foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is only a reasonably foreseeable result of a breach if at the time we entered into this contract it was an obvious consequence of our breach or was specifically contemplated by you and us.
8.2 We only supply the products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
8.3 We do not in any way exclude or limit liability we may have for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- anything that cannot be excluded under section 31.1 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015; and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
9. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
9.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by an event which is outside of our control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
9.2 If an event which is outside of our control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside our control. Where the event outside our control affects our delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the event outside our control is over.
10. PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
11. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
11.1 We may transfer our obligations under the contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations to you under these Terms.
11.2 This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
11.3 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
11.4 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
11.5 Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a contract for the purchase of products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may bring legal proceedings either in the Northern Ireland or the English courts, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may bring legal proceedings in the Scottish or the English courts.
12. 12 Days of Christmas flash sale
- Offer only valid for the day & time frame stated
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other code
- Item(s) must be in stock
- Valid code needs to be used at checkout for the discount to apply
- The offers and discounts advertised are not exchangeable for cash and are non-transferable. Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Medela reserves the right to (i) cancel this offer at any time; (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s benefit from it; (iii) amend these terms and conditions; and (iv) limit the number of code redemption’s online.
- Discount does not apply to P&P unless offer states